THE SCHOOL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT: ASCENSION OF THE LORD
In saying, He ascended, what does it mean but that he had also descended into the lower parts of the earth? He who descended is he who also ascended far above all the heavens, that he might fill all things. And his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ. – Eph. 4:9-13
Today is a Holy Day of obligation and a day to prepare ourselves for the celebration of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. Before the baptism in the Spirit at Pentecost, we need to remind ourselves of the need to undertake solemnly the Novena of the Holy Spirit. It begins tomorrow. What are we to pray for?
- Holiness of life: On the 20th of April 2020, we started reflecting prayerfully about the Person of the Holy Spirit in our Church and our spiritual lives. And we reminded ourselves of our supreme intention – “For this is the will of God, your sanctification” (1Thess. 4:3). Let’s pray for holiness, without which no one can ever see the Lord (Heb. 12:14).
- Openness to grace: “The wind blows where it wills, and you can hear the sound it makes, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes; so it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit” (John 3:8).
- Renewal and a special discovery of gifts and charisms for service
- Baptism in the Holy Spirit
- Please add your intentions
Enjoy your celebration and remain uplifted in the Spirit of the Lord. Amen.